Amazon Mom is Amazon.com’s newest free-membership discount program. This free-membership discount program is designed to meet the unique needs of anyone who has ever been charged with the immense responsibility of caring for a baby or toddler.
So, even though the name suggests that the program is restricted to mothers only, the reality is that whether you are an aunt, uncle, father, grandfather, grandmother, foster parent, or in any way qualify as the caregiver of a baby or toddler you are eligible to enroll in this discount program and enjoy exclusive and personalized benefits.
Pros of The Amazon Mom Program
- 30% of select diapers and wipes.
- Discount also applies to current Subscribe and Save and Amazon Prime members.
- Free 2-day shipping with Amazon Prime with your first 3 months of membership.
- After your initial 3-month membership, each $25 order, placed at the Amazon Baby Store, will also earn you an additional month of Amazon Prime shipping benefits.
- As an Amazon Mom you will also receive email alerts for discounts and promotions.
- Most importantly, you will experience the convenience of having all of your baby products and baby gear delivered right to your front door in a consistent time interval of your choosing.
Baby Products Which Are Eligible For The Amazon Mom Discount Program
- An array of Pampers disposable diapers and baby wipes, including sensitive-skin baby wipes and refills.
- An array of Seventh Generation disposable, chlorine-free diapers, wipes, wipe refills and training pants.
- An array of Huggies disposable diapers, wipes, and wipe refills, as well as Huggies Little Swimmers and Huggies’ line of Pure & Natural diapers.
- A limited number of Luvs baby products including the Luvs Ultra Leak Guard stretch diapers.
- An array of Nature Babycare products such as eco-friendly, chlorine-free diapers, wipes and pull-on pants.
- And much more…
Cons of The Amazon Mom Program
- Cloth diapers are not included under Amazon Mom’s list of eligible baby products.
- The Amazon Mom program is a culmination of three of Amazon.com’s programs. When you become an “Amazon Mom” you receive an extra 15% discount in addition to the 15% discount members of the Subscribe and Save program receive. The two discounts packaged together in this program make up your 30% discount.
- Your membership into the Amazon Prime program gives you your free 2-day shipping for 3 months. Membership in the Amazon Prime program alone is free for one month and gives you unlimited free 2-day shipping, with no minimum size restrictions on your order. So, by becoming an “Amazon Mom” you in fact only receive 2 free months of Amazon Prime.
- Once your initial 1-month of the free Amazon Prime membership trial period ends, membership in the Amazon Prime program alone costs $79 a year.
- The Amazon Mom program offers you a chance to extend your free 2-day shipping benefits via the Amazon Prime program by spending $25 at the Baby Store each month. So, in a year this may end up costing you more than you save through the 30% discount if you are someone who only occasionally needs to purchase baby gear.
Is the Amazon Mom Program Right for You?
Only you can answer this question by analyzing the amount of money you currently spend on baby products and baby gear and contrasting that with the prices and discounts Amazon.com offers on your favorite baby-related items. However, chances are that if you are the parent or caregiver of multiple babies or the parent of a baby and a toddler than this savings bundle has the potential to save you a large amount of money.