The Perfect Smoothie
This has been one of the hottest weeks of the year for us New Yorkers.
With temperatures well into the high 90′s and stifling humidity levels the city is literary at a standstill as people try to deal with this situation.
One of the ways that I deal with the summer heat is by inventing new, high protein, smoothie recipes that can also serve as a meal replacement during those times when it is just too hot to cook.
This smoothie is my latest “invention”. It has the texture of a Slushie which will help cool you off. But, it also has enough nutrients, wholesome calories, carbohydrates, and protein to serve as a light lunch in the middle of a very hot day.
Summertime Protein Smoothie Ingredients
- 2 cups Silk Organic Soy Milk (Unsweetened) (160 calories, 8g carbohydrates, 14g protein)
- 1 cup Bolthouse Farms Strawberry-Banana Fruit Smoothie with Apple Juice (120 calories, 29g carbohydrates, 1g protein)
- 11 oz 100% Mango Juice (130 calories, 30g carbohydrates, 1g protein)
- 3 scoops of your favorite vanilla, strawberry or banana flavored protein powder (Add your own calorie and protein count)
- 3 cups ice
Optional Protein Smoothie Ingredients:
- 1 small banana (100 calories)
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- Fiber, Creatine, L-Glutamine, etc…
- Serving size: 4 large glasses, 6 medium glasses
- Calories: Approximately 120 to 250 calories, depending on the type of protein used
Summertime Protein Smoothie Recipe
- In a large smoothie blender, blend all ingredients
- If the smoothie is too thick for your taste add more soy milk and blend
- If your smoothie is not thick enough add more ice and blend