This strawberries and cream smoothie tastes just like diving into a big bowl of fresh strawberries and cream, which is my favorite dessert.
But, as we all know, strawberries and cream taste best in the summertime when the strawberries are fresh and plentiful.
So, what is a girl to do in the winter when it is virtually impossible to find fresh strawberries in NYC (that cost less than $10 a pack)?
Well, this girl came up with this smoothie recipe which tastes just like fresh strawberries and cream. ENJOY!
Recipe serves 2
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup Voskos honey yogurt
- 3/4 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup fat-free half and half
- Fat-free whip cream
- Place all of your ingredients (except the whip cream) in a blender and blend
- Garnish with fat-free whip cream and more strawberries
photo courtesy of: gordon milligan