Ephedra free Lipo 6 Black is being marketed as a highly effective, “natural fat burning supplement”.
The makers of Lipo 6 Black claim that Lipo 6 Black is, “the meanest and cruelest fat burner this planet has ever seen” because they, “went down to the laboratory and cooked up the most vicious blend of fat-burning compounds imaginable”.
They go on to claim that Lipo 6 Black is so effective that it has the uncanny ability to attack, “body fat with a killer instinct…”.
So, as you can imagine there has been tremendous buzz surrounding the release of this product. The main reason behind the popularity of Lipo 6 Black is the fact that even though it is technically a “bodybuilding supplement” the makers of this fat burner are venturing outside the world of bodybuilding by claiming that, “If you have reached a plateau with your current fat burner and are looking for something to truly rejuvenate your fat burning regimen, you are a great candidate for LIPO‑6 Black”.
To make a long story short, I decided to put the fat burning powers of Lipo 6 Black to the test.
The Following is a Detailed Summary of My Experiment With Lipo 6 Black.
Lipo 6 Black Experiment
Test Subject: Me
Weight: 140 lbs
Activity Level: Active….I jog approximately 2.5 miles, 5 days a week, walk for 1 hr on “off days”, and weight train for 45 minutes
Diet: High protein, low fat diet, Between 1,200 to 1,400 calories a day, Absolutely no junk food! aka: items high in sugar, artificial sweeteners, soda, potato chips, etc.
Past Medical History: None. I have no known drug allergies, no past history of major physical or mental illness, no chronic health issues, no sport injuries and so forth…I am however sensitive to caffeine as I consume no sodas or other products high in caffeine.
Experiment Duration: 10 days
Goal: To lose 5 pounds (After all, “Lipo 6 Black is a dead serious fat burner”)
Lipo 6 Experiment: Days 1, 2, 3
I purchased a bottle of Lipo 6 Black (120 count capsules) from GNC for $45 and began this experiment by reading the extensive warning label printed on the back of the bottle. The label warns:
Thou Shalt Not:
- Use if you are under 21 years old (However, retailers can sell Lipo 6 Black to minors, no ID required)
- Use if you are pregnant or nursing
- Exceed recommended maximum daily dose (6 tablets)
- Consume other caffeinated products such as coffee, tea, soda, etc.
- Consume medications containing phenylephrine
- Consume for longer than 8 weeks (followed by a 4 week long “off period”)
Consult Your Physician If You Have The Following Medical Conditions:
- Heart, liver, kidney or thyroid disease
- Psychiatric disorders
- Difficulty Urinating due to an enlarged prostate
- High blood pressure
- Cardiac arrhythmia
- Recurrent headaches
Immediately Discontinue If You Experience:
- Rapid heart beat
- Severe headaches
- Shortness of breath
So, after reading the warning label and realizing that none of the warnings applied to me I said a short prayer and took three pills, with 1 large glass of water, about 45 minutes before I usually have breakfast, just as the directions printed on the back of the bottle state.
- Within 20 minutes I began to sweat heavily and became extremely thirsty so I turned on the AC and had 2 glasses of water.
- Within 30 minutes I became extremely jittery to the point that I could no longer sit still. Not knowing what to do with myself I decided to clean the house. To make a long story short, I ended up cleaning my house from top to bottom for three hours, non-stop.
- Words can not describe the amount of energy I had.
- When I finally stopped myself from cleaning, simply because there was nothing left, either inside or outside to clean, I realized that I had completely forgotten to eat breakfast and that I was extremely thirsty, again. So, I drank another 2 glasses of water, but I could not force myself to sit still or to eat anything.
- The sight and smell of food made me nauseous.
- Literary bursting out of my own skin I decided to start my daily workout regiment, early, in an effort to calm myself down.
- I must admit I was very impressed with the amount of increased strength I had during my weight training session.
- Cardio was another story entirely. Once I began jogging I was unable to stop. My usual 2.5 mile run turned into a 6 mile run. Words can not describe how strange I felt. My rational mind had lost control of my body. My mind was telling my body to stop but my body would not listen.
- The exercise did calm me down somewhat and that night I was finally able to eat a small dinner.
- That is when I learned that Lipo 6 Black also has a powerful laxative effect since the food that I had eaten did not get a chance to stay in my belly for long.
- Since I had taken the three Lipo 6 Black pills in the morning and worked out a great deal throughout the day I figured I should have no problem sleeping. Boy was I wrong! I was unable to sleep for longer than 4 hours a night. So, during the course of these three days I got less than 12 hours of sleep.
- I followed a schedule similar to this for the first three days of my experiment.
- Notice that I only took 3 pills a day, instead of the recommended 6 pills a day, because I did not feel that the effect of the first three had worn off enough for me to warrant taking another three pills.
- I was also constantly thirsty. I must have drank in excess of 2 gallons of water a day and still felt thirsty and dehydrated. Lipo 6 Black has a diuretic effect so all the water I was drinking was not staying in my body long enough to hydrate me. In fact, I was running to the bathroom so often that one of my friends jokingly commented,”What’s wrong with you? You’re peeing more often than I did when I was pregnant”.
Lipo 6 Black Experiment: Day 4
On this day I was feeling extremely dehydrated and down so I decided to take the day off. Even though I did not take any Lipo 6 Black pills on this day I felt just as I did on the days I took the pills. My energy level was still through the roof and I was still extremely jittery.
However, on this day I began to experience something new. Whereas on previous days I had had a feeling of euphoria, on this day I was feeling slightly depressed and foggy. Of course, it wasn’t anything major. So, I brushed it aside and went about my day, which included another long workout and sleepless night.
Progress: At the end of the fourth day I decided to weigh myself and realized I had shed 4 pounds. Amazing! Right?
Lipo 6 Black Experiment: The Continuation…
- In the days that followed I continued to take 3 Lipo 6 Black pills in the morning, 30 minutes prior to forcing myself to eat a small breakfast.
- At this point, less than a week into the experiment, I began to experience some strange and very unpleasant side effects:
- Complete Insomnia (I was no longer even able to sleep for 4 hours a night)
- Nausea, whenever I smelled food
- Dehydration and frustration at the constant (every 15 minutes, 24 hrs a day) need to urinate
- Acne along my jaw line and upper back (I have never had a problem with acne, even as a teenager)
- Unexplainable mood swings which caused me to burst into tears for no apparent reason. In fact, once I burst into tears in front of my husband who asked me why I was crying and I could not give him a solid reason. Nor, could I stop crying. Realizing that I was crying for no reason I proceeded to laugh at myself and cry uncontrollably at the same time.
Lipo 6 Black Experiment: The Final Straw
On the eight day of my experiment, I was in the kitchen fixing myself my usual breakfast of egg whites, toast and peanut butter when I saw something small and black move from the corner of my eye. I immediately turned to see what it was but saw nothing. Being that I live in NYC, a city known for its mice problem, especially in early Fall when the rains start, I immediately assumed that I had seen a mouse.
I despise mice. I think that there is nothing more repulsive than a mouse and the thought of one sneaking into my kitchen drove me crazy. So, I immediately began to look for signs such as mouse droppings, and so forth behind the stove, refrigerator, etc. I found nothing and just when I was about to give up I saw it again. So, this time I emptied my pantry and still found no signs of a mouse. Frustrated, I called my husband and told him to buy a couple of mice trap on his way home. Meanwhile, I avoided going into the kitchen from fear of running into the “mouse”.
He bought the traps and when he got home the two of us did yet another search of the kitchen and found nothing. Frustrated, I began to cry uncontrollably, yet again, as I explained to him how certain I was that I had seen a mouse, from the corner of my eye, running around in the kitchen.
When I finished describing to him exactly what I had seen, and how I had seen it, he patted me on the back and told me there is a word for what I had “seen”…It is called “tweaking”.
So, with that said, he did me a favor by throwing away the bottle of Lipo 6 Black and ending my experiment.
Lipo 6 Black Experiment: The Results
Total Weight Loss: 6 pounds in 8 days
- Even though I exceeded the weight loss goal I had set for this experiment, I am not certain just how much of this weight loss is actual fat loss and how much of it is water weight loss and even muscle loss.
- What I do know is that today, three days after I stopped taking Lipo 6 Black, I am suffering from migraines, depression and chills, all of which are caffeine withdrawal symptoms.
- Likewise, my body is weak and feels starved.
- I am also extremely sleepy and sore, in combination due to insomnia, over stimulation and caffeine withdrawal.
- Worst of all, I will never know if my alleged “tweaking” was a result of sleep deprivation or was caused by an ingredient present in Lipo 6 Black.