Though at first glance this Vegan smoothie recipe does not appear to be unique I like to refer to it as such because of the following reasons:
- I am not a Vegan. I am a Vegetarian. However, once I finished putting this smoothie recipe together I realized that it can best be described as Vegan.
- Though most berry-flavored protein smoothies call for vanilla-flavored protein powders, I was fresh out of vanilla-flavored protein powder on the day I first made this smoothie recipe, so I chose to use chocolate-flavored protein powder and found that it adds a uniquely delicious flavor to this recipe.
- As a vegetarian, I am highly conscious of the amount of soy products I consume. Therefore, I always make my pre-workout and post-workout smoothies with coconut water instead of soy milk. Coconut water is a highly nutritious substance that works as a perfect alternative to soy milk in all types of smoothies.
- My reason for using frozen berries, instead of fresh berries, is directly linked to the fact that I live in NYC. In a city such as this it is often difficult and extremely costly to find and purchase fresh berries, especially since I like to make myself at least a couple of smoothies a day.
Vegan Smoothie Ingredients
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 medium-sized banana
- 2 scoops of BioChem 100% Vegan Protein Powder, Chocolate
- 16 oz organic coconut water
- 1 cup ice, if you are using fresh berries
- Serves 2
- Calories per serving = 250; approximately
- Protein = 20g per serving
Vegan High Protein Smoothie Preparation
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend for at least 30 seconds