Paulin Soleyman Editor
Hi everyone and welcome to my corner of the universe
This is not a diet blog. Nor, is it a workout blog. This is an open forum in which I work very hard to share with you all that I know about healthy living. But, most importantly, this website is a tribute to the daily psychological, spiritual and physical challenges I face as a woman determined to live a healthy lifestyle.
My goal isn’t to preach to you what you should or shouldn’t do. My goal is to simply help make your journey easier.
Because it certainly has not been easy for me…I talk more about that in my blog.
Why Healthy Living?
Managing my weight is a battle I know I will have to fight to the very end. And that is the main reason why I chose not to write a diet or exercise blog. Another reason why I chose not to write a diet or exercise blog is because I do not want to be responsible for helping further the agenda of such blogs.
Why Not Diet?
During my 15 year “dieting career”, which began at the age of 12 and ended at the age of 27, I have been on enough diets to know:
- Diets don’t work!
- Diets will make you skinny (sometimes) but they will not make you healthy
- Dieting is a masochistic practice that destroys one’s physical, emotional and spiritual strength
Why Not Exercise?
As a personal trainer, who loves the fitness industry, I was certainly tempted to write an exercise blog. But, do we really need another exercise blog when nearly half the adults in this country are bordering on the verge of obesity? The simple answer to this question is “yes” but before you say “yes” consider the following facts:
- According to a Gallop poll 60% of Americans are paying gym memberships. Yet, according to the CDC, more than 34% of American adults are obese
- Of these 60% a majority are paying family rates which give their children access to the gyms as well…Yet child obesity rates continue to rise at an alarming rate
- Gym attendance peaks in the months of January till April but then dwindles
Moral of The Story: Exercise, alone, is not the answer!
As idealistic as this may sound, I truly believe that learning to live a healthy lifestyle is the only solution to the current health problems that are crippling our nation.
Define Healthy Living
I must confess that I cannot, and will not try, to give any one of you a definition of what I mean by “healthy living”. Healthy living is a concept that is unique to each individual.
I cannot and will not dictate to any of you how you must live a healthy lifestyle because I know that what works for me will not work for you. Instead, I have made it my life’s mission to give you all the tools you need to tailor your lifestyle in ways that will better your physical, emotional and spiritual health.
A Little About Me
I am a health nut who does not like to talk about herself or other people. So, on this website you will not find too many posts that detail my day-to-day activity, conversations, etc…Nor, will you find too much gossip. Sorry! However, on occasion I do use my own life experiences as examples. So, if you really want to get to know me read my posts! And check out my expert page on SelfGrowth.com
These Are Just Some of My Interests
- I have been infatuated with the sport of natural bodybuilding for as long as I can remember
- I started to seriously practice natural bodybuilding in 2007
- Today, I consider myself an amateur natural bodybuilder but I have not yet entered any competitions
- The sport of natural bodybuilding has helped me find my inner strength as well as sculpt my body in a way I never dreamed possible
- I also practice Yoga…I know that Yoga and bodybuilding make a strange combination, but the two sports combined work for me
- I am also an avid hiker. I am very proud of the fact that I hiked the trail to Dominica’s Boiling Lake, one of the most difficult hikes in the world, in less than 4hrs!
- I was raised on a semi-vegetarian Mediterranean diet
- Today, I am an ovo-lacto vegetarian married to a wonderful non-vegetarian man
- My favorite way to relax is to practice walking meditation…I often take my 3 year old Yorkie, Freddie, with me
A Few Notes About This Website
I welcome all of your comments. In fact I thrive on them. Feel free to suggest any topics you want to see discussed further on this website. Provide your feedback by contacting me here.
Likewise, I welcome your contributions. If you want to contribute to this website, please visit the Write For Us section.
I am not a medical professional. The articles, statements, products, videos, news, and general advice shared on this website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases. Please consult your doctor before starting any diet or exercise regiment.